Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Eggcellent skills

Well I was post poning this.... post, wow that sounded weird but anyway I didn't want to write anything for fear of jinxing something but... we're past our two week wait and things are looking... POSITIVE!

I'm also going to be buying a lot of things that look like these.






And hubby and I are totally doing this....


While thinking about this....






The egg implantation wasn't too scary either. This one was done at the fertility clinic with no anaesthetic, just a comfy chair and dimmed lights. Hubby was nagging me about wearing my daggy slip on shoes - which, yeah, they are a bit daggy but I didn't want to be farting around with laces or fiddly shoes. Besides, no one's there to critique my footwear. 

I stayed classy just now and didn't make the fur slipper joke but you're gong to think it now, aren't you?
The procedure had to be done on a full bladder so prior to going in I had my little Thor moment, going:



only in my car with bottles of water, so still funny but less dramatic and messy.

Walking into the waiting room, we were given a photo of the clump of cells becoming our baby. We hadn't expected this and it was a nice surprise. I honestly found myself falling in love with this grey-scale representation of our combined genes. 

The whole thing only took like five minutes. They had a screen up where we could watch the actual implantation. To be honest, I was too excited and nervous and I lost track of what was what but I nodded along dutifully like I'd been reading up on this stuff  since last semester, and hoped hubby was paying more attention than I was. 

Notable moments - OG being in a super happy mood because he had the rest of the day off. Hubby learning what a speculum was, my vagina fighting said speculum off with an audacity that - would this have been a different century, may have encouraged a passionate song based tribute to it's courage and strength against a terrifying mechanical foe. 

Finally, I got to relax in the semi darkness for around 5-10 minutes, not moving, just looking into my partners eyes and holding his hand tightly. 

There's probably sexier ways to conceive.. easier too, if we could do it that way - but right at that moment there was no where else I wanted to be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment