Monday, October 30, 2017

Halloween Hullabaloo

Well it's almost Halloween - which we don't really celebrate here in Australia but it's safe to say we can all appreciate a good costume. And why should Americans have all the fun? Who doesn't like dressing up?

Exactly. 


Frankly, a nice healthy scare is good for you. Hell, typing this right now I'm kinda scared. My birds were going nuts in their aviary and when I went out to investigate I heard a weird noise, like a possessed goose. I couldn't see one though but it's been about an hour and a half since it began and I can hear this weird bird monster moving locations - perhaps walking down our street in order to get a head start on the year's spookiest holiday.

Personally, I think the fact that stores are releasing Christmas decorations *BEFORE* Halloween is scarier than most trick or treaters but hey, whattaya gonna do?

Also the influx of meme costumes and 'sexy' costumes... which I suspect may mostly be made up of the exact same dress just painted different and sold for a high dollar figure.

If you venture onto any social media platform you're bound to find a million re-posts of excellent outfits.

Like these amazing Archer and Ratatouille outfits.























Or how about Hank Scorpio's classic 'I didn't give you my jacket' moment immortalised in time.

Sticking with the Matt Groening's theme we also have Scruffy. The Janitor. And his bucket.







Or for a more recent pop culture outfit, here's Rey from Star Wars along with her trusty sidekick BBaGoodDog.




So, here's my favourites (from what I've seen this year - may not actually be from this year)



Category 1: Expecting

OH YEAH!~!

A little bit terrifying but also very well done

This made me lol. 



Category 2: Newborn

This baby's already better than the previous candidates



Time to bathe the baby!

Mini Kong wins all the hearts

Even this kid's like 'mom, dad... you know these aren't my real eyebrows. And this is a tiny toupee!




Good to see kids eating healthy. Erm.. hopefully that's a bubble pipe though 
ha ha ha ha...Stayin' puft, stayin' puft!
That's probably what mom's face looked like during the birth too, baby. 
Like Anne Geddes come to life any animal costume is fine with me



Category 3: Toddlers

Mother of dragons indeed.

Renaissance fair? Renaissance cute!

This cutie just kicked me in the nostalgia

Aw yeah, ninja turtles!






Category 4: Miscellaneous

Truly scary. And possibly the only time it's OK to take a bathroom photo. 

Wasn't sure where to put her as she's kinda in two categories but I love it!



Category 5: Twins

Alright, it's obvious but still hella cute

D'Awwww.

Kinda brings new meaning to parasitic banana twin, right? 


Category 6: Triplets

Truly inspired Pokemon starter set. 

Aw yeah Mary Poppins!

Same family as before, still cute

Hot dog, we have a wiener! 

Category 7: Family Costumes

Aladdin themed family fun

Amazing!

Addams family awesomeness. 



Category 8: Worst Kid's Costumes

This kid is cute, but anything to do with the sex trade is just no. Nooooo.

Thankfully this is just a meme not a real thing but give it time. 

Well, you read the wording. 

Dressing as Hitler is just... never okay. 

Blackface is also never okay


Category 9: Actually Scary Kid's Costumes

Age appropriate I guess.. running the risk of someone actually mistaking kid for Chuckie though

Oh that poor chicken's face!



You know how some people are like 'oooh that baby's so cute I could just eat them up??' Yeah. Scary. 

You have made your child into a potential choking hazard. Not smart. 

Clowns to the left of me, Joker's trick or treating!



Be very wary if this one asks you to play a game. 

Oooh I'm afraid.... someone is going to get eaten while giving this lil zombie a cuddle. 


Update - the weird ghoulish goose thing has made a full circle around my block. Still no closer to finding out if it is a goose or where *exactly* it is.

PPS - please send chocolate as I'm afeared to leave my domicile! 

No comments:

Post a Comment