Saturday, February 04, 2017

Fame babies and the Second Coming in Board Meetings

I just had to re-blog this.


I always chose physical pain over embarrassment or awkwardness. I could envision myself at some point in the future, giving birth during a board meeting and not telling anyone until the baby was sitting upright in a chair next to me and I had slyly wiped the sweat from my brow.

- From XOJANE author Emma

That made me laugh out loud!

It's something I could see myself doing (or maybe writing a comic about) and it's so refreshing in this world of bump fever. 

Seriously. I don't read 'women's magazines' but it's hard not to be aware of the crazy media frenzy when they even suspect someone's hiding a bump. I mean, damn, can they not just wear a baggy shirt or jumper every now and then? 


Yay - another celebrity is pregnant.... here's a 20 page magazine spread that looks like it was done by a college art student high on a variety of substances and not being paid enough to care what they're doing. 


This photo above - is the only semi-nice looking one in Beyonce's whole kit and caboodle. The rest are pretty uninspiring and kind of weird. 



I am now waiting for my inevitable war with the Beyhive (for interrupting their sociopathic worship of this self obsessed clique queen) and probably from parenting groups (because women shouldn't be hating on women and it's a pregnancy, it's an expression of love, and beauty and farting rainbows and...) but you know what? 

No, actually. I'm calling out this hipster douche-baggery. 

I get it, they want to control the media their way. What's wrong with one photo? Do we need this blatant self promoting garbage in order to announce a natural occurrence that has been going on since the dawn of gosh-darned time???  

We've gone from cave women etching out carvings on the walls (presumably?) to this monstrosity of fame whorage - which makes me think Jesus is probably going to have to up his publicity team prior to the Second Coming to even get noticed around here!!

Well, it's going to be temping, I'm sure but I'll try to refrain myself from lavishing these blog pages with moody, artistic photos of my stomach. I mean, for one thing I get in trouble when I lounge around on cars or hog the pool... plus newlyweds get cranky when I use their archways. 
So unreasonable....




That said, Toadie is looking positively radiant in this picture. Congrats on the food baby!!

No comments:

Post a Comment