Saturday, July 22, 2017

Musings over dinner

The other day I went out to dinner with most of my immediate family at one of our favourite Chinese restaurants. My paternal grandmother passed away earlier this year which sucked. She was ill, so it's kind of a relief she went when she did, but we miss her a lot, especially my grandad. My maternal grandparents passed on a while ago - so I never got to meet my maternal grandfather and my maternal grandmother passed away when I was in high school.

Same for my husband, his father passed away not too long ago, his parents we don't really know as he was separated from his family. Hubby's maternal grandparents have also passed on. 
Basically, we never really had a chance to show them a grandchild but we thought we might have had a chance to show my grandmother before she went. 




Hopefully we'll still be able to present something to my grandfather, so they can meet each other. My aunt is always bringing her grandchildren around to hang out with him and I know he's stoked for my sister's impending baby as well. Then, at the Chinese, the family who runs it is known to us. We mostly see the owners, the parents, because they're always there working away but their children had mostly moved away for studies and things like that. 

So that night, we saw their daughter who we haven't seen for maybe, five years? She's had a kid too. 
It was the most perfect little baby - sleeping through the racket in the restaurant, wrapped up against the chilly air in adorable mittens, full shock of fluffy hair. 


Grandad was so happy to see her and his eyes lit up when he saw this cute child. 
Everyone else - when not talking about bumps was craning their necks trying to check out this baby. 





I just wanted to eat my Chinese food, not feel like a dick because my womb hates me. 



At least no one asked me when I was going to get in the family way. Well, technically I'm always in the family's way but you know, not in a good way. 







No comments:

Post a Comment